On September 27, 2012, U2's The Edge was seen on stage performing with Bryan Ferry at the Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital Friendship Ball in London, England. They played the Irish folk song "Carrickfergus", named after the town of Carrickfergus in County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
- The Edge spotted with Bryan Ferry on stage
- U2's Bono and The Edge in Leicester for opening of Curve production of Finding Neverland
- U2's Bono and wife Ali bonded with Matthew McConaughey in Ibiza
- U2 bass player's housekeeper gets 7 years for stealing $3.6 million
- New photo exhibition puts a baby face on Bono and U2, documents gritty origins in 1970s Dublin