Interscope/Island have announced that they will release on Blu-ray U2: iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live In Paris. The release will be available for purchase on Friday, June 10.
The concert film captures the Irish band's groundbreaking tour as it returned to the French capital for two very special shows in December last year--one of which was The New York Times' Jon Pareles' #1 concert of 2015--despite the fact that he was not in attendance, marking quite possibly the first time a TV broadcast topped the Times' live shows of the year list.
In addition to uplifting guest spots from Eagles of Death Metal and Patti Smith, U2 - iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE - Live In Paris puts viewers inside the AccorHotels Arena with Bono, Adam Clayton, The Edge and Larry Mullen Jr.: the deluxe versions of the release also include a behind-the-scenes interview with live broadcast director Hamish Hamilton; exclusive tour visuals narrated by the band's lifelong friend Gavin Friday; music videos; additional live tracks filmed during the tour; and much more.
'Directing 'iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE was scary,' says live broadcast director Hamish Hamilton who previously worked with U2 on 2001's Elevation Tour. 'A technical nightmare married with a creative rollercoaster. It challenged everything I knew on so many levels...what blew my mind were the multiple narrative arcs combined with the number of emotional arcs you are taken through as you journey through the show. There's a lot of good shows out there - but very few great shows.'
U2's iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour kicked off in Vancouver in May 2015 and, to date, has played to over 1.2 million fans in 22 cities across Europe and North America. Staged in the round, the tour features multiple performance areas plus a state of the art 100 foot LED screen suspended above a 118 foot walkway running the length of the arena floor. Combined with an innovative suspended sound system, the tour has delivered mindblowing sound and visuals from every seat in every venue, as every night has seen "U2 reinvent the arena show" (Rolling Stone).
At the heart of U2 - iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE - Live In Paris is, of course, the songs: The band performs a staggering selection from its timeless catalogue, new and old: From 'Songs of Innocence' highlights featuring Cedarwood Road, Song for Someone and the stripped down live version of Every Breaking Wave, as well as career-spanning staples including I Will Follow, Pride (In the Name of Love), Vertigo, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Until The End of the World, Beautiful Day, Where The Streets Have No Name and many more.
1. People Have The Power
2. The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
4. I Will Follow
5. Iris (Hold Me Close)
6. Cedarwood Road
7. Song For Someone
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
9. Raised By Wolves
10. Until The End Of The World
11. The Fly
13. Even Better Than The Real Thing
14. Mysterious Ways
16. Every Breaking Wave
18. Bullet The Blue Sky
20. Where The Streets Have No Name
21. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
22. With Or Without You
23. Stephen Hawking 'Global Citizen'
24. City Of Blinding Lights
25. Beautiful Day
26. Mother & Child Reunion
29. People Have The Power (With Eagles Of Death Metal)
30. I Love You All The Time (Eagles Of Death Metal)
1. Cedarwood Road - A Gavin Friday Narration
2. Out Of Control (December 6th 2015 - Paris)
3. The Future Better Hurry Up
4. The Electric Co. (November 11th 2015 - Paris)
5. i + e - Behind The Scenes With The Director
6. Bad / People Have The Power (With Patti Smith - December 6th 2015 - Paris)
7. The Wanderer
8. The Troubles
9. Music Videos
1. Ordinary Love
3. The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
4. Every Breaking Wave - A Film By Aoife Mcardle
5. Song For Someone (Directed By Vincent Haycock)
6. Song For Someone (Behind The Scenes)
7. Song For Someone (Directed By Matt Mahurin)
© 2002-2016 Blu-ray.com. All rights reserved.
Original article: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=19049