by Chad Childers, UltimateClassicRock.com
U2 fan club members have recently begun getting the brand new 'U22′ live albums, which they helped shape, in the mail. The group asked fans to choose their favorite tracks performed during the band's recent U2360° tour, and the results yielded this new two-disc release, which spans their entire career.
Over a three-month period, subscribers had a chance to listen to 46 songs from the run, then select their favorite 22 to go on the record. After the songs were chosen, the band sequenced and mastered the release with their production team. Now finalized, the album will be the band's annual one-off special edition release for subscribers of their U2.com fan club.
The U2 360 trek began in Barcelona in June 2009 and continued through a July finale last year in Canada. In all, over seven million fans in 30 countries visited the band's 110 performances.
'U22′ clocks in at just over two hours and fans receiving the package will also get the bonus book of photos with liner notes from bassist Adam Clayton. The set is not available in stores or online, so to get it you will need to subscribe to U2.com. A track listing reveals the songs that made the cut. Check it out below.
U2, 'U22′ Live Album Track Listing:
1. 'Even Better Than the Real Thing'
2. 'The Fly'
3. 'Mysterious Ways'
5. 'Until the End of the World'
6. 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For'
7. 'Stay (Faraway, So Close)'
8. 'One Tree Hill'
9. 'Beautiful Day'
12. 'All I Want is You / Love Rescue Me'
13. The Unforgettable Fire'
15. 'City of Blinding Lights'
16. 'MLK / Walk On'
18. 'Where the Streets Have No Name'
19. 'Ultra Violet (Light My Way)'
20. 'With or Without You'
21. 'Moment of Surrender'
22. 'Out of Control'
- U2 Manager Paul McGuinness on Mark Fisher: 'He Turned Everyone's Wild Ideas Into Steel, Lumber and Canvas Reality'
- U2 Wrapping New Album in New York
- Daniel Lanois Says Upcoming U2 Album Sounds "Amazing" and "Big"
- U2 Eyeing Multiple New Music Releases Starting in September
- Bono reveals title of next U2 album